EForm Records are the most commonly-used component of Nimblex, so chances are most of your work will be done on the EForm Record Page. This article describes the key elements of the page, but remember that EForms aren’t all the same so you’ll probably see something a bit different to our examples.
Just under the Navigation Bar at the very top of the page is a white strip called the Toolbar. This strip contains some useful controls related to controlling the record and navigating between records on the same form.
- Return – This button appears when viewing a record from a Tabular Report. It’ll take you back to your previous report.
- Save – Save any changes you have made on the record.
- New – Click to create a new record.
- Duplicate – Duplicates the contents from the current record and makes a new record. You can edit this record and then save it.
- Send save notifications – if checked, any save notifications configured for the current form will be sent when the Save button is clicked.
- Parent – This button is only visible if the current record has a Parent record, and allows you to view that record.
- First – Navigates to the First record of this eForm.
- Previous – Loads the previous record in the sequence (the next smallest RecordID)
- Go – Loads the record whose ID has been entered into the textbox to the left.
- Next – Brings you to the next record in the sequence (the next largest RecordID)
- Last – Guides you to the last record of this eForm.
- Display mode – Allows you to display the record in Screen or Print mode. This changes how blocks are laid out (in pages or in a single stream)
- Tools – Displays a drop-down menu with some useful options:
- View linked records – Displays a tree of all linked records (ancestors and descendants)
- Attached documents – Opens the File Explorer to view and modify the files attached to this record
- View workflow notes –
- Delete – Deletes the current record from the system.
- Change RecordID – Allows you to change the RecordID of this record to a new (unused) one.
- View Audit Log – Opens a tabular report of all changes to this record.
- Export – Displays a drop-down menu with options for downloads related to the record:
- Export PDF – Downloads a PDF copy of the current record
- Export image (PNG) – Downloads a copy of the current record in image format.
- Mail-merge Export – Opens a sub-menu which allows you to generate a Mailmerge document using this record’s data.
- Add Calendar Event – Allows you to add an event to your Outlook calendar based on this record’s data.
Note that not all of these buttons will be available to all users – some functions require elevated permissions to see and use.
Many EForms also have a side panel available called the Side Bar. This panel contains some useful information about the form and has a list of bookmarks to quickly navigate between blocks in a large form. Clicking on a link in the Bookmarks section will scroll the form to view that section of the form.
The Record Panel
The rest of the page displays the current EForm Record in the selected View. Most EForms are uniquely customized to their purpose so this example might look totally different to the one you’re looking at!
This is where you can view and modify data in a record. For an in-depth description of the various controls that you might encounter on an EForm, have a look at the EForm Controls page.