Create a New User
Platform Managed Users
See below for Active Directory Integration
- Go to the Control Panel or Administration Portal
- Click Manage Users or Manage Users or Groups
- On the Manage Roles page, you will see the buttons Create User and Create Group on the top and a list of users that currently exist in the system. Please see the screenshot below:
- Click on the Create User button (Highlighted in Red), and you will see a pop-up New User window:
- Type in
- Username: Used to log into the system later
- Display Name: Usually the user’s full name.
- Email: Email address of the user in which the system will send notifications to
- By ticking the Check-box called Email user with details, an email will be sent to the email address entered with the username and a default password.
- The text typed into Email message for user will be included in the email sent, as mentioned in 4.
- Click the Create button and it will automatically direct you back to the Manage Roles page. There will be a message on the bottom right corner, informing you that the entered data has been successfully created and saved. The message “Successfully created user xxx” will be displayed.
Adding a User into an Active Directory Integrated System
- In your Active Directory user management: Add the relevant use to the Active Directory to eBMS integration group
The user will not be transferred to eBMS immediately. You can trigger this by manually triggering a resynchronisation in eBMS.
- In the eBMS platform: Set up Supervisor and Financial Approval Limit for the new user (As in Manage Supervisors and Financial Approval Limit)
- Add this user into any required user groups